There are 2 main steps to becoming a certified BollyX Instructor:
1) Attend a Master Class: Attend a BollyX Master Class online, in-person, or live stream. Check the BollyX website to find a list of locations and dates for upcoming training workshops, which includes the master class, and to register for one of them.
2) Online Multiple Choice Exam: You must pass the multiple choice exam taken online that covers material in the online manual regarding anatomy, safety, BollyX's pre-choreographed format, fitness concepts, teaching concepts and basic dance steps. The study/examination component of the training is done at-home/online with the help of an assigned Mentor/Trainer.
We have two initial formats:
- BollyX: HIGH impact format based on HIIT principles; instructors are expected to do high impact choreography when choosing to teach this format. The ability and knowledge on how to execute choreography and dance moves with hops and jumps as shown in the Instructor Portal will be reviewed.
- BollyX LIT (Low Impact Training): LOW impact format; instructors are expected to keep all choreography low impact in their BollyX Low Impact classes when choosing to teach this format. How to safely modify high impact choreography to lessen stress on the body and effectively teach those who require or prefer low impact exercises will be covered.
Once you pass the online multiple choice exam and have taken the master class (either at your workshop or via the Instructor Portal), you officially become a fully certified BollyX instructor! In order to maintain your Instructor Certification, you will need to subscribe to the online Instructor Portal ($20/month or $200/year). You are eligible to teach BollyX classes and your certification will remain active as long as you are subscribed to the portal.
This monthly subscription gives instructors complete access to our BollyX Instructor Portal (online), which includes:
- Proprietary choreography
- Ongoing content releases
- Marketing materials
- Product discounts
- Access to a community of mentors and peers to support you on your BollyX journey
Each month, we release new choreography and provide you with everything you need to keep your BollyX classes exciting and cutting edge! The monthly fee is the only fee you pay to maintain your BollyX Certification. Beyond that, you keep 100% of the money that you earn from teaching your BollyX or BollyX Low Impact classes.
Additional note: Nearly all gyms, fitness facilities, universities and dance studios require that instructors have their CPR/AED certification. We highly encourage you to obtain yours so it doesn't prevent you from being hired as a group fitness instructor. All instructors can upload a copy of their CPR/AED certificate into their portal to complete their certification. Please note, online CPR/AED certifications generally are not accepted by gyms. We recommend taking CPR/AED trainings that have an in-person component (can be blended training or be entirely class based). You may call the Group Fitness Manager or Studio Owner to double check their requirements before enrolling in a CPR/AED training.