Steps to becoming a certified BollyX Instructor:
1) Instructor Training: Attend a BollyX Instructor Training. Check the BollyX website to find a list of locations and dates for upcoming trainings, and to register for trainings. We offer blended trainings (part online at-home study, and part in-studio practical workshop), and online trainings (self-study, go at your own pace but working 1-on-1 with a Regional Trainer).
2) Practical Exam: You need to pass a short practical exam to demonstrate that you are fully competent in proper teaching techniques of BollyX. You are tested on your ability to find and maintain rhythm, to pre-cue, to memorize and teach the provided choreography with proper technique. We have two formats:
- Cardio Level 1 (CL1): HIGH impact format based on HIIT principles; trainees will be required to demonstrate high impact choreography to pass the practical exam.
- Low Impact Training (LIT): LOW impact format; trainees will be required to demonstrate knowledge on how to safely modify high impact choreography to effectively teach to those who require or prefer low impact exercises.
3) Written Exam: You must pass the multiple choice exam taken online that covers material in the online manual regarding anatomy, safety, BollyX's pre-choreographed format, fitness concepts, teaching concepts and basic dance steps.
Once you pass the practical and written exams, you officially become a fully certified BollyX instructor! In order to maintain your Instructor Certification, you will need to subscribe to the online Instructor portal ($20/month or $200/year). You are eligible to teach BollyX classes and your Certification will remain active as long as you are subscribed to the portal.
This monthly subscription gives instructors complete access to our BollyX Instructor Portal (online), which include:
- Proprietary choreography
- Product discounts
- Ongoing content releases
- Marketing materials
Each month, we release new choreography and provide you with everything you need to keep your BollyX classes exciting and cutting edge! The monthly fee is the only fee you pay to maintain your BollyX Certification. Beyond that, you keep 100% of the money that you earn from teaching classes.
4) CPR/AED Certification: All our instructors must be CPR/AED certified to be able to teach. All instructors will be asked to upload a copy of their CPR/AED certificate into their portal to complete their certification. Please note, online CPR/AED certifications are not allowed. The CPR/AED training must have an in-person component (can be blended training or be entirely class based).