That's no fun - we're here to help. If your videos do pause often, click on the GEAR ICON in the bottom right hand corner of the video next to the volume bar and select a different playback setting (e.g., 720p or lower):
The quality should be similar to the best viewing option with much fewer streaming problems. If you still notice a lot of buffering, try shutting down all other running applications so only BollyX On Demand is running and clearing your browser history. Please note, we're also working on upgrading all of our videos for FASTER streaming across all devices and platforms.
*NEW IN 2020* - https://bollyx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001018732-How-do-I-connect-BollyX-on-Demand-to-my-TV- We've launched TV apps on both Roku and Amazon FireTV which should provide you a faster, easier method of streaming videos via TV. Please note that the features available on our TV apps are different from those available on our desktop application as the TV apps are currently in BETA phase. More upgrades and content updates coming!
Here are some additional ways to troubleshoot if you are still experiencing streaming issues:
Switch to a different internet browser. For PC users, we recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome (both free to download and install). Safari works great on Mac (also free).
Adjust hardware acceleration settings for your browser:
1. Click "Customize and Control Google Chrome" (top-right corner) and choose settings
2. Choose "Show Advanced Settings" at the bottom
3. Find "System" --> "use hardware-acceleration when available" and make sure toggle switch is ON
4. Restart Chrome
1. Click "Tools" --> "Options"
2. Choose "Advanced" --> "General" Tab
3. Select "Use hardware acceleration when available"
4. Restart Firefox
1. Click Start, and then click Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools icon in the upper-right corner --> Internet Options
3. Find Advanced tab --> Accelerated graphics --> Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering check box
4. Click "Apply" and restart your computer.
Streaming BollyX on Demand does require a consistent signal, so let's check the speed of your network and potentially improve your WiFi network performance. . For a better experience, it is recommended that you have at least 3 Mbps dedicated to each computer/device that is connected to your network.
Check the speed of your network here: http://testmy.net/download
Also, check out this article on how to improve your wi-fi network performance.
If you are still having issues with streaming BollyX On Demand videos, please submit a report by clicking on the FEEDBACK BUTTON when logged into your BOD account.