No problem! If your videos do pause often, click on the GEAR ICON in the bottom right hand corner of the video next to the volume bar and select 720p setting. The quality will be nearly similar to the best viewing option without any streaming problems. If you notice a lot of buffering, try shutting down all other running applications so only BollyX On Demand is running and clearing your browser history.
Other ways to troubleshoot if you are experiencing streaming issues:
Switch to a different internet browser. For PC users, we recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome (both free to download and install). Safari works great on Mac (also free).
Adjust hardware acceleration settings for your browser:
1. Click "Customize and Control Google Chrome" (top-right corner) and choose settings
2. Choose "Show Advanced Settings" at the bottom
3. Find "System" --> "use hardware-acceleration when available" and make sure toggle switch is ON
4. Restart Chrome
1. Click "Tools" --> "Options"
2. Choose "Advanced" --> "General" Tab
3. Select "Use hardware acceleration when available"
4. Restart Firefox
1. Click Start, and then click Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools icon in the upper-right corner --> Internet Options
3. Find Advanced tab --> Accelerated graphics --> Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering check box
4. Click "Apply" and restart your computer.
Streaming BollyX on Demand does require a consistent signal, so let's check the speed of your network and potentially improve your WiFi network performance. . For a better experience, it is recommended that you have at least 3 Mbps dedicated to each computer/device that is connected to your network.
Check the speed of your network here: http://testmy.net/download
Also, check out this article on how to improve your wi-fi network performance.
If you are still having issues with streaming BollyX On Demand videos, please submit a report by clicking on the FEEDBACK BUTTON when logged into your BOD account.