Using an HDMI cable to connect your phone/laptop directly to your TV is the best approach assuming you have the right type of cable and an HDMI port on your device. This will ensure the best video streaming quality and reduce any risk of audio lag. Here’s an excellent tutorial from WikiHow on how connect with an HDMI cable: https://www.wikihow.com/Connect-HDMI-to-TV
Common accessories include (please double check what connector type your device uses before ordering anything):
- Windows/PC users: HDMI Cable (you may already have one lying around the house!)
- MacBook users: USB C to HDMI Cable or Thunderbolt to HDMI Cable
- iPhone/iPad users: HDMI to lighting cable (or a regular HDMI Cable plus an HDMI to lightning adapter)
- Android users: USB C to HDMI Cable
- Older devices may require a micro USB adapter, a mini USB adapter, or a 30 pin adapter.